14 December 2008

When they're quiet...be concerned...

Last evening, after all the littles are put to bed and while enjoying my book along with Magpie and The Dutch Girl who has returned to us from points far beyond, (Daddy remarked when he entered the living room with all of us our noses in our respective books..."Gee, I feel like I'm visiting the Chrstian Science Reading Room")...

I suddenly hear a proclaimation from The Bug..."BUB! You are going to be in so much trouble!"

See, he'd gone to bed without any protest. I'd kissed his forehead and told him what a good, good boy he was and he'd smiled angelicly. Then nothing from his room...SILENCE...a parent's dream!

Finally, after parenting all these young I've arrived at "professional motherhood." My children obey my every request and they are model young citizens! I am accomplished!


Not so.
Bub decided to finger paint a beard on himself with Potato's special skin allergy cream.
Why? He would not say.
Certainly he slept all night with out a itch on his face or hands.
"Pride cometh before mess to clean up in the bathroom and on the kid"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh dear... yes, this happened to me not too long ago. Precious little Jarrod, who I thought was being so quiet during his nap (after I had firmly warned him to go to sleep). I was quite proud that I had accomplished getting him to be quiet... until I found him in a different room altogether, stamping a blue stamp all over the wall and brother's bunkbed.
Love hearing how you are doing and continuing to think of you from here.
Koe

Nettie said...

I love that even miles away, I can still sense the mischief and the love in your home!

Grandma Deanie said...

How cute he looks! How curious he is. The silence is almost always a clue to the type of activity they are involved in. Intelligent, aren't they?